Have you ever tried Almond cake with strawberry jam? If you haven’t tried yet, you must try this cake. This cake has heavenly taste, with the lemon juice inside you will taste sweet from strawberry and a little bit sour from the lemon..oh my gosh, I love this cake so much, so much flavor inside.
It’s really easy to make this cake and the ingredients also are not so difficult to buy. This cake has yogurt also inside and with the almonds topping make the taste was really delicious.
You can use granulated sugar or caster sugar for this cake. I use caster sugar for this cake. Why I mostly use caster sugar for making a cake? because Caster sugar is a super fine sugar and it melts and incorporates quicker than regular granulated sugar. But I know maybe you can’t find that in your place, so you can use granulated sugar.
I used silicone loaf pan for this cake. It’s more easier to take out the cake with silicone loaf pan. You only grease with oil and no need to add flour on the silicone loaf pan. But of course you can use your loaf pan which you have at home for making this cake if you don’t have silicone loaf pan.
Almond Cake with Strawberry JamPin Recipe
- Loaf pan 23x11x5cm or 9x5x3 inches
- 50 gram (1/4 cup) Caster sugar
- 2 Eggs room temperature
- 60 gram (1/4 cup) Salted butter melted
- 100 gram (1/2 cup) Plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 35 gram (1/4 cup) Almond flour
- 140 grams (1 cup) All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Strawberry jam
- Almond slices
- Preheat oven 170 degrees C or 338 degrees F
- Mix eggs with sugar using a whisk, then add melted butter and continue whisk until all are combined
- Add yogurt and continue whisk
- Add vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon zest. Whisk all together until well combined
- Sift the almond flour into the egg mixture and mix with the whisk
- Then sift also the all purpose flour and baking powder and mix with the whisk until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and add some strawberry on the top using a spoon. Then make a swirl like you make a marble cake
- Sprinkle with the almond slices on the top.
- Bake the batter for 30-35 minutes (depends on your oven), check with toothpick.