A rich Butter cake with dried coconut shredded that will make you don’t want to stop to eat and bring you to the tropical islands!!
I live in a tropical island which have a lot of coconut and it’s easy to find coconut here. I love to drink coconut water also and that’s good when the weather was too hot here. Who love coconut and love to eat coconut cake or cookies for your tea or coffee time, should try this cake. It’s very easy to make but the result was so delicious.
Actually this cake really match if you use coconut milk too but I don’t have coconut milk at home so I was using fresh milk for this cake. With coconut milk you will find a rich flavor of coconut inside.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS CAKE :
Butter : I use salted butter, if you use unsalted butter, you have to add 1/4 tsp salt when you sift the flour and baking powder.
Sugar : I use caster sugar, if you don’t have caster sugar, you can use granulated sugar.
Eggs : to binder and hold ingredients together and giving the cake structure, give a rich flavor.
Vanilla extract : It also enhances the flavor of other ingredients in more complex recipes.
Flour : I use cake flour. You can use all purpose flour also for this cake.
Baking Powder : It will help this cake rise in the oven.
Milk : I use fresh milk. You can use coconut milk for this cake, it will give the cake more flavor of coconut.
Coconut : We need dried coconut shredded for this cake.
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT BUTTER CAKE :
In the small bowl, mix the eggs and vanilla extract with the whisk, set aside.
In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
Add the eggs mixture into the butter mixture and beat again until well combined.
Sift the flour and baking powder into the butter mixture and mix with spatula until there are no more flour streaks.
Add in the fresh milk into the butter mixture and mix with spatula until well combined.
Add in the dried coconut shredded and mix with spatula until just combined.
I use baking pan for mini cake, you can use 15 x 4 x 9 cm loaf pan for this cake. If you use 25 x 12 x 7 cm loaf pan, you have double the recipe.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan or loaf pan, and sprinkle with dried coconut shredded on the top.
Bake the cake for 15-20 minutes if you use baking pan like I use. For 15 x 4 x 9 cm loaf pan, bake for 30-35 minutes.
For another butter cake and cookies recipes, you may like :
COCONUT BUTTER CAKEPin Recipe
- 100 gram (1/2 cup) Salted butter
- 100 gram (1/2 cup) Caster sugar
- 2 Eggs room temperature
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 100 gram (2/3 cup) Cake flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 20 ml (4 tsp) Fresh milk
- 30 gram (1/3 cup) dried coconut shredded
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C or 340 degrees F, line your loaf pan with baking paper or grease the baking pan with oil.
- In the small bowl, mix the eggs and vanilla extract with the whisk, set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs mixture into the butter mixture and beat again until well combined.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the butter mixture and mix with spatula until there are no more flour streaks.
- Add in the fresh milk into the butter mixture and mix with spatula until well combined.
- Add in the dried coconut shredded and mix with spatula until just combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared 15 x 4 x 9 cm loaf pan or baking pan for mini cake, and sprinkle with dried coconut shredded on the top.
- If you use a loaf pan, bake for 30-35 minutes, but for the mini cake, bake for 15-20 minutes. Check using toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake, if comes out clean means your cake is already done.
- Let cool the cake on the cooling rack after you bake and let the cake completely cool. After completely cool, slice and serve.Store the cake in the airtight container, don't store in the fridge for this cake.